What are the basic rules of craps?
Craps is one of the most engaging games in Vegas casinos. It attracts huge audiences and people are fully engaged in the process. As for online casinos, the game is not so popular there. It’s all because a lot of users consider it to be complicated in terms of rules and betting.
To tell the truth, rules of craps and the table layout really require some time to be understood. Ar the same time, everything is not so complicated and you’ll be able to start gambling just after the short guide. Let’s now dive a bit dipper into the topic.
Rules of craps: general information
So, what are the rules of craps that you should learn first? Here are some basic things to take into consideration:
- It’s a dice table game. The numbers you’ll get when rolling dice will bring whether wins or losses.
- A game or a new round starts with a come-out roll. This is how the first roll is called in the rules of craps. And the player who does it is called a “shooter”.
- To get the reward you place a bet and then hope that the dice will show right numbers.
- If the shooter hits 4 – 6 or 8 – 10, a point is being set.
- After the point was set, 7 is the best number to receive. It means you lose the money and the round is ended.
Main bet types in the game
Rules of craps in Las Vegas casinos are considered so complicated mostly because of this part. Let’s make it a bit more clear. There are the following in the:
- Pass line. Here you stake that the “shooter” will win (Get 7 or 11 on the come-out roll or hit the point during the round).
- Don’t Pass bar. This one is quite opposite to previous type. You bet that the “shooter” will lose.
- Come bet. You can place it only after the point is set. 7 and 11 numbers win and 2, 3 and 12 lose. If the point number is received, it transforms into Come-bet point.
- Don’t come bet. Rewards you, when the dice shows 2 or 3. Hence, 7 and 11 will lead to loss. 12 is a number, which means “push again”.
- Place bets. The rules of craps presume that you can stake on one or more of numbers on the table after the point is set and win, if the number will appear in the round before 7.
- Field bets. These ones are active only for one roll of dice. The winning numbers are 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 and 12. Other options will lead to money losses.
- Big bets on 6 and on 8. If you chose these bets, you’ll win when the appropriate number will appear. Of course, it should happen before the dice will show 7.
- Any seven. Your goal here is to get 7 from all possible combinations.
- Any craps. Numbers 2, 3, and 12 will win. Other options lose.
- Hardway bets on 4, 6, 8 and 10. This time you bet that the appropriate number will appear before 7 and it’ll be composed of identical smaller numbers (i.e. 2 and 2, etc.).
- Horn bets on 2, 3, 11 and 12. To win this one, a dice roll should show the chosen number composed of certain smaller numbers.
Each bet has its winning ration. Rules of craps dice game allow you to get up to 30x to the bet when you win.
Rules of craps variations in different game types
Casino games may somehow vary depending on rules of craps being approved. Here are some variations:
- Bank craps. A conventional type, which you’ll often meet in casinos.
- Crapless craps. Here you won’t lose a Pass line bet, in case 2, 2 or 12 was rolled.
- High point craps. Come-out roll ignore 2 and 3.
- Simple craps. There is only one roll in the game. 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12 win, other ones lose.